Sunday, October 11, 2009

Kids Say the Darnest Things

Well...I never thought it would happen to me! I never thought that something I said in front of my son would translate into later embarassment when he passed the information on to others.

Example #1: During "transportation week" at school, Taylor's class was discussing safety rules while driving. When the teacher asked if anyone had any safety ideas to share with the class, Taylor eagerly raised his hand and said, "When your mom lets you sit in the front sit on special occassions, and you see a cop; you are suppose to lay down and hide".

Example #2: During soccer practice, Taylor purposefully gave the ball to a kid on the opposing team. When we asked him about it this was his reply: "Mom, he said PLEASE can I have the ball and so I had to give it to him."

Weekly Questions of a 4-Year Old
  • Why does God have so many powers?
  • Why doesn't our goblin come down the fireplace?
  • Why can't I be a zombie-vampire for Halloween?
  • Why does our cat always have poop on her butt?
  • When can I grow-up so I can kiss a girl?
  • Can I drive your car to take my friends to kill the dragon in the hot lava castle?
  • Why are there so many poor people?
  • What is breast cancer and why is it pink?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! I had no idea you had a blog! we have one too! anyways - the response to the teacher made both jeff and i laugh! too funny!