Saturday, March 28, 2009

Soccer Success





If you haven't already heard, (since I have been bragging about it all week)....we did it! Our team, "Sassified" was the division 3 women's indoor soccer champions. Now, it might not sound like much, but this was a victory for us. We started lasted season with a team of 13 girls. Only 3 of us had ever played before and it had been at least 12 years since I had even kicked a soccer ball. And despite "thinking" we were tough, we soon learned that our bodies and minds did not think alike. We were not as fast as when we were teenagers-nor do our bodies move in the same athletic way anymore.

We did average our first season, but decided to try it again and even moved up to a tougher division. Despite battling a variety of injuries (torn quad muscle and bruised meniscus), I had a blast this time. We played great together! UNDEFEATED. I almost feel bad to say that the other teams hated playing us. We even had two teams quit on us at halftime because we were so far ahead.
I am eager to see what we can do next season. (I am even starting to like playing goalie). However, regardless of the future, I feel a great amount of pride in being able to accomplish a personal goal. I have always wanted to try soccer again and prove to myself that I could still play. My teammates were amazing. We have become great friends and I look forward to many more games and seasons to come.

5 comments:

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

Being an indoor goalie is INCREDIBLE!!! I wish you had some video footage that we could watch of you playing. That would be the Bomb.com!

{lex} said...

Congrats Amy! We are so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Great job!! That sounds like fun. I wish I had friends that would things like that. ( Oh wait, I don't have friends in Payson) I play softball but that is about it. Congratulations!!

Brittany said...

Huge congratulations....That's quite the accomplishment!!

And I just needed to comment and express my approval of your Miss America Party. I'm so happy YOU won! :)

CookFamily said...

Impressive athletic ability! My mom always called me a halftime girl. She meant performances. Without a pole. That doesn't sound good.